Many thanks to Barbara at March House Books Blog for selecting me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m honored, Barbara. What a nice way to celebrate my blog’s first year of existence!
By accepting the award I’ve agreed to …
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
2. Share seven random facts about myself.
3. Pass the award on to five blogger friends.
4. Contact and congratulate the nominated blogs.
7 random facts about me:
1. One of my fond memories of driving on the “wrong” side of the road on our honeymoon in Ireland 26 years ago was having to stop to let a flock of white sheep cross the lane.
2. Another: The cool, clear day my husband and I were the lone visitors at William Butler Yeats’ Thoor Ballylee.
3. I’m excited about seeing the singer/guitarist Richard Thompson (formerly with Fairport Convention) on my birthday tomorrow night.
4. I’ve let my younger daughter take over my turntable, where Cat Stevens is happily ensconced again.
5. One of my favorite DJs is my brother-in-law Larry, who does a show at WTUL, the sassy independent radio station at Tulane.
6. I decided smoking was too expensive when a pack of cigarettes cost 60 cents.
7. When I was 7, I drew a picture of a crab and chased a girl around and around the classroom, until the teacher came in at last and punished me by making me sit outside in the hall.
5 Blogger Friends who deserve this award:
1. Joanne at My Brain on Books. Joanne, a bookseller extraordinaire, highlights stellar middle-grades books.
2. Bob at Be a Child Again. Bob shares his fanciful fictional world of Ballymore, as well as helpful links to children’s book reviewers.
3. Charlotte at Charlotte’s Library. Charlotte features fantasies and sci-fi for children and teens.
4. Joanne at Joanne Rocklin. Joanne shares her thoughts on children’s books, child development, and writing. Don’t miss her “anti-block” blog — or her great kids’ books.
5. Mara at Mother of all Trips. Mara’s lively blog offers a boatload of ideas for traveling with children.